If you have a high school reunion coming up in the next six months these are some must dos to get ready for your big weekend. We have researched an isolated the top 6 things you must do so that you will be ready when the big weekend finally rolls around and you’ll see people that you have not seen for 20 or more years.
So if you have stubborn pride, like many others do, you will want to lose the extra pounds, make sure that your wardrobe is ready, and rent a limo for the weekend to make sure you go “all in” – it is a bit of a splurge, but well worth it as these weekends only come around once a decade. The proper planning sometimes takes a little work, but it is well worth the effort and you will enjoy your weekend more if you follow these simple tips.
So here we go, these are the 6 big things you must do to get ready:
- Make sure that you lose weight and get in shape. This is the most important item on the list, as there is no better way to impress and amaze that girl who blew you off in high school, then to get in great shape for this big weekend. So get that membership going at your local gym, and lay off the pizzas and burgers for a few months, and you will be very glad that you did.
- Make sure that your wardrobe is current and up to speed. You don’t want to wear clothes that are dated and worn out. Your clothes will say a lot about who you are and what you have done with your life.
- Planned to travel in style. Go all out and rent a limousine for your arrival at the reunion. It may spend a few extra dollars but it will be a lot of fun and well worth it. For my reunion I rented a limo from a company in Lakeland that turned out to be a great decision.
- Book a room at the hotel where the reunion is. There will likely be a lot of drinking and a lot of alcohol and you don’t want to have to travel to a hotel that is 20 miles away.
- Connect with some of your old friends before the weekend arrives, so it won’t be so awkward and cold turkey once the reunion starts. If you have already connected and talked, you won’t have the same icebreaker that you will have if there is no contact.
- Avoid hooking up if possibly can. There are many stories of people who hook-up at reunions, and sometimes it turns out to be a really great thing. However, the downside is everybody in your entire high school class will likely hear all about the hook-up, and it can be a source of real embarrassment in years to come.
If you follow these tips, you will likely save yourself a lot of embarrassment, and it will make for a great weekend where you will have no regrets for what happened. And really, when push comes to shove, if you lose the weight and dress like a champ, then most of the rest of it will take care of itself. And don’t forget to rent a luxury limo that will blow them all away, as that is the touch of class that everyone will appreciate. If you follow these tips you will have a very enjoyable weekend.
If you have to fly to your reunion, then we recommend these flying tips.