Running out of phone battery is a nightmare for many travelers. Especially when you’re visiting a new place, it’s hard to get around without your phone working for you. After all, it’s you handiest and most efficient gadget where you can get access to maps and a whole lot of other information such as places to stay, eat, and more.
It is essential for travelers to know some tips and tricks on phone battery life. It is understandable that even if you charge your phone to the fullest at the start of your day, there are so many reasons for it to run out. Especially if you use it take photos and to access the Internet, your battery will soon run out if you don’t find ways to extend it. Here are some tips you can keep in mind:
1. Lessen Screen Brightness – For as long as you can see the screen clearly, tone down the brightness of your phone. This is the quickest and easiest way for you to save a lot of your battery life.
2. Text Instead of Call – Instead of calling people, text them instead. If texting is not an option especially when you’re abroad, use online messengers instead. Avoid voice or video calls.
3. Turn on Airplane Mode – Airplane mode disables some functions and features of your phone. This will certainly save battery life, too.
4. Watch Videos Later – Especially when there’s no power outlet in sight, save video watching later. The same goes for games. All those graphics and sounds will certainly use up your battery life.
5. Use Battery Saving Modes – Your phone must have some battery-saving modes or features. Make use of that too.
There are many more ways for you to save phone battery life while traveling. If you’re a frequent traveler and can’t help but do the things mentioned above, try looking for portable power banks that can charge your phone even when you’re on the go.
Learn more about the health benefits of travel, click here.